|1. Name of the Department||Hindi|
|2. Year of Establishment||· B. A. – 1973
· B. A. B. Ed. – 1988
|3. Programme / Courses offered||· B. A.
· B. Com.
· B. A. B. Ed.
|4. Interdisciplinary Courses offered||· Hindi Translation|
|5. Programme wise Examination System (Annual / Semester / CBCS)|
|· B. A. B. Ed.||Semester|
|· B. A.||Semester|
|· B. Com.||Semester|
|6. Participation of department in the courses offered by other departments:|
|7. Courses in collaboration with other universities:||Nil|
|8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued with reasons: Nil|
|9. Number of Teaching posts :|
|· Associate Professor||2||2|
|· Assistant Professor||2||2|
|10. Faculty profile:|
Students guided for the last 4 years
M. Phil, Ph.D.
Prose & Poetry
|Dr. Rajendra Rote||M. A.
M. Phil, Ph. D.
|Associate Professor||Comparative Literature||
Dr. Prakash Kamble
B. Ed., Ph. D. SET, NET
|Ravidas Padvi||M. A., NET||Assistant Professor||Novel||09||—|
|11. List of senior visiting faculty: Nil|
|12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled by temporary faculty:|
|· B. A. B. Ed.||Nil|
|· B. A.||Nil|
|· B. Com.||Nil|
|13. Student – Teacher Ratio Programme Wise:|
|· B. A.||10 : 1|
|· B. Com.||—|
|· B. A. B. Ed.||10 : 1|
|14. Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled: Nil|
|15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with Ph. D/ M. Phil. / PG :|
|Name of the Faculty||Qualification|
|Dr. Uttara Kulkarni||M. A. M. Phil., Ph. D.|
|Dr. Rajendra Rote||M. A. M. Phil., Ph. D.|
|Dr. Prakash Kamble||M. A. B. Ed., Ph. D. SET,NET|
|Shri. Ravidas Padvi||M. A., NET|
|16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from funding agencies & grants received:|
|Name of Faculty||Theme||Status||Funding Agenc.|
|Dr. Sunilkumar Lawate||Webduniya per Prakashit Sahitya Ka Adhyayan||
|Dr. Uttara Kulkarni||Chandgad, Goa aani Karnatak||Minor||UGC|
|Simavatri Bhagatil Lokgeetancha Abhyas|
Dr. Uttara Kulkarni
|Sant Tukadoji Maharaj ke Kavya mein Pratibimbit Samajik Evam Manavtavadi Jeevan Mulya||
|17. Departmental projects funded by DST – FIST; UGC, DBT, ICSSR, etc. and total grants received: Nil|
|18. Research Centre /facility recognized by the University:||No|
|Name of Faculty / Student||Number of papers published in peer reviewed journals|
|Name of Faculty||Chapter In Books|
|Name of Faculty||Books Edited|
|Shri. Ravidas Padvi||2|
|Name of Faculty||Other Journals|
|Shri. Ravidas Padvi||1|
|20. Area of consultancy and income generated: Nil|
|21. Faculty working as member on various committees / Boards:|
Dr. Uttara Kulkarni
|Member, Board of studies, KLE Society Lingraj College (Karnataka University Dharwad )|
Dr. Rajendra Rote
|Member, Maharashtra Rajya Hindi Sahitya Akademi.
Treasurer, Maharashtra Hindi Parishad.
|Dr. Prakash Kamble||Member, Board of Studies, YCMOU, Nashik.|
|22. Student Projects:|
|· Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter departmental / programme||
|· Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e.in Research laboratories / Industry / other agencies||
|23. Awards / Recognitions received by faculty and students: Nil|
|Name of the Student||Class||Type||Award / Recognition|
|Poonam Sutar||B. A. B. Ed.||Best NSS Volunteer Award|
|Ajinkya Varambale||B. A. B. Ed.||University Merit Rank – 8th|
|Jayashree Ghatage||B. A. B. Ed.||University Merit Rank – 9th|
|Kamal Magadum||B. A. B. Ed||University Merit Rank – 10th|
|Ganesh Tapakire||B. A. B. Ed.||One Act Play|
|Varsha Sitar||B. A.||Story|
|Navaj Mullani||B. A.||Character Sketch|
|Vaishali Chougule||B. A. B. Ed.||Character Sketch|
|Archana Kamble||B. A. B. Ed.||Travelogue|
|Sanghmitra Chougule||B. A.||Informative article|
|Priyanka Patil||B. A. B. Ed.||Interview|
|Ashwini Miraje||B. A.||Autography|
|Shubhangi Patil||B. A. B. Ed.||Travelogue|
|24. List of eminent academicians and scientists / visitors to the department:|
|· Kathakar Sanjeev, New Delhi.
· Kathakar Shivmurthy, Verdha.
|· Dr. Girish Kashid, Editor & Translator Zadbuke College.|
|· Dr. Shriram Parihar, Essayist, Khandwa, Madya Pradesh.
· Dr. Upul Ranjith, Expert in Folk Literature, Sri lanka.
· Dr. Amar Jyoti, Critic,Dakshin Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, Dharwad, Karnataka.
· Dr. Hiremath, Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Dharwad.
· Dr. Sushma Rote, Expert in Jain Literature, Kolhapur.
· Dr. Sunilkumar Lawate, Writer & Social Reformer, Kolhapur.
· Dr. Arjun Chouhan, Translator & Critic, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
· Pooja Deevan, Mananger, Bank of Maharashtra, Tarabai Park, Kop.
|· Dr. Ashok Bachulkar, Critic, Aajara Collge, Aajara.
· Dr. Madhukar Kharate, Gazhal Critic, Jalgaon.
· Govind Godbole, Expert in Child Literature, Kolhapur.
· Dr. Babasaheb Powar, Dramatist KMC College, Kop.
· Hema Gangatirkar, Kolhapur.
· Dr. Arif Mahat, Gazhal Writer, Vivekanand College, Kop.
· Prof. Jayashree Patil, Night College, Jayasingpur.
· Govind Patil, Counselor, Federal Bank, Kolhapur.
|25. Seminars/ Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding:|
|Minority Community in India: Problems & Prospects||
ICSSR, New Delhi
|Jain Siddhanton ki Vartaman Sandharbh mai Prasangikata||
|Sathhotari Hindi Sahitya Main Chitrit Parivar||National||Self Funded|
|Culture & Literature in the Perspective of Globalization||
|26. Student profile programme/course wise:|
|27. Diversity of Students:|
|Name of the Course||Year||% of students from|
|Same State||Other State||Abroad|
B. A. – III
B. A. B. Ed. – IV
|Certificate Course in Hindi Translation||
|28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET, Civil services, Defense services, etc.?|
NET / SET
|Other Competitive Exams|
|B. A. B. Ed.||1||1||9|
|29. Students Progression:|
|B. A.||B. A. B. Ed.|
|· UG to PG||34 (31%)||40|
|· Campus Recruitment||—||—|
|· Other than Campus Recruitment||21%||30%|
|· Self Employment||7%||6%|
|30. Details of Infrastructural facilities:|
|· Internet facility for Staff & Students||Yes|
|· Classrooms with ICT facility||Yes|
|31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies: 29|
|Students participated in Central Government scheme “Navlekhak Shibir & Adhyayan Yatra for non-Hindi speaker Students. Central Government, Kendriya Hindi Nideshalaya has offered them T. A. & D. A. remuneration for it.|
|32. Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures / workshops / seminar) with external experts:|
|2011 – 12|
|· Formation & Inaguration of Hindi Literary Association.
· Shalaka Wallpaper Inauguration.
· Celebration of Hindi Day. Lecture by Prof. Jayashri Patil.
· Visit to Sanctuary (Dajipur Sanctuary).
· Lecture on ‘Gazal’ by Dr. Madhu Kharate.
|2012 – 13|
|· Inauguration of Hindi Literary Association-Lecture by Hema Gangatirkar
· Kavya Vachan Pratiyogita.
· Cellebration of Hindi Day.Lecture by Dr.Babasaheb Powar.
· Sahityakar Sakshatkar-Kathakar Sanjeev & Kathakar Shivmurty.
|2013 – 14|
|· Inauguration of Hindi Literary Association-Lecture by Govind Godbole.
· Competition of Wallpaper, Shabd – Shrunkhala & Creative Writing.
· Study Visit to Lokmat Samachar.
|2014 – 15|
|· Inauguration of Hindi Literary Association- by Prin. S. B. Kanse.
· Competition of Essay Writing, Shabd-shrunkhala & Wall Paper Writing.
· Celebration of Hindi Day. Lecture by Dr. Sushama Rote.
· Lecture on ‘Importance of saving’by Govind Patil.
· Student participation in ‘Avishkaar Research Competition’
|· Organized National Conference on ‘Minority community in India: Problems
& Prospects ’Funded by ICSSR, New Delhi.
|2015 – 16|
|· Competition of Essay Writing & Shabd- shrunkhala Writing.
· Celebration of Hindi Day. Guided by Shri. N. V. Tike & Shri. S. B. Mali.
· Poster Exhibition
· Sakshatkar of Gazal Writer: Dr. Arif Mahat.
· Student – Parent – Teacher Meet.
· One Day National Conference on ‘Satthottari Hindi Sahitya main Chitrit Parivar’.
· Alumni Meet
|2016 – 17|
|· Formation of Hindi Literary Association
· Celebration of Hindi Saptah.
· Competition of Advertise Presentation,Dialogue Presentation & Shabd- shrunkhala Writing.
· Gazal Gayan Programme
· NET & SET Exam Guidence Workshop.
· Two Day Self-funded International Conference on ‘Culture & Literature in the Perspective of Gobalization’.
· Student Participation in National Navlekhak Shivir .
· Alumni meet.
|33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:|
|· Lecture Method||· Discussion & Dialogue Method|
|· ICT based Teaching||· Seminar Method|
|34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities:|
|Student Participation & Visit to Kanchantai Kapse Old Age home.|
|35. SWOC analysis of the department and Future plans|
|· Student’s participation in Navlekhak Shivir & Adhyayan Yatra.
· Organized National & International Conferences.
· Faculty Research work (Major and Minor projects) & Publications.
· Rich Departmental Library.
· Involvement in NSS, NCC work.
|· Students Research Activity
· Faculty Awards
|· Placement opportunities in various fields.
· To start P.G. Courses & Research centre’s.
|· To initiate language lab for communication skills.|
|· To develop Research Culture among students.
· To establish Language lab.
· To Start PG & Research Centre.
· To create awareness about Job opportunities.