|1. Name of the Department||Economics|
|2.||Year of Establishment||1973|
|3. Programme / Courses offered||B. A.|
|4.||Interdisciplinary Courses offered||B. Com.|
- Programme wise Examination System (Annual / Semester / CBCS)
- Participation of department in the courses offered by other departments:
|7. Courses in collaboration with other universities:||Nil|
|8. Details of courses/Programmes discontinued with reasons: Nil|
|9. Number of Teaching posts :|
|10. Faculty profile:|
guided for the
last 4 years
|Dr. Rupa S.||DAE, DPE,||Assoc. Prof.|
|Shaha||DCM, DCA,||& HoD|
|Dr. Sujata. J||M.A., M.B.A.,||International|
|Asst. Prof.||Eco., & Micro||05||—|
|Shri. Sanjay||M.A.,||Eco. of Dev. &|
|Asst .Prof||Planning Macro||04||—|
|S. Omase||M. Phil., NET|
|Shri. Dinesh||M.A., M. Phil.||Economic||Up to August|
|Shri. Ramdas||M. Phil.,||Up to|
|N. Bolake||M. A. (Eco.),||Asst. Prof.||February||—|
|GDC & A||2012|
- List of senior visiting faculty: Nil
- Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled by temporary faculty:
|2011 – 2012||73.07|
|2012 – 2013||30.76%|
|2013 – 2017||Nil|
- Student – Teacher Ratio Programme Wise:
|2011 – 2012||05:1|
|2012 – 2013||05:1|
|2013 – 2014||05:1|
|2014 – 2015||10:1|
|2015 – 2016||10:1|
|2016 – 2017||08:1|
- Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled: Nil
- Qualifications of teaching faculty with Ph. D/ M. Phil. / PG :
|Name of the Faculty||Qualification|
|Dr .Rupa S Shaha||M.A., M. Phil., Ph.D., DAE, DPE, DCM,|
|DCA, DCB, DCD, DCS.|
|Dr.Sujata. J Patil||M. A., M.B.A., Ph. D|
|Shri. Sanjay S. Omase||M.A., M. Phil., NET|
|Shri. Dinesh Mashrankar (Upto August 2013)||M.A., M. Phil.|
|Mr. Ramdas N. Bolake||M.Com, M. Phil., M.A. (Eco.),|
|(Upto February 2012)||G .D.C & A.|
- Number of faculty with ongoing projects from funding agencies & grants received: Nil
- Departmental projects funded by DST – FIST; UGC, DBT, ICSSR, etc. and total grants received: Nil
|18. Research Centre /facility recognized by the University:||No|
|Number of papers published||Name of Faculty / Student in peer reviewed journals|
|Dr. Rupa S. Shaha||59|
|Dr. Sujata J Patil.||42|
|Shri. Sanjay S. Omase||35|
|Name of Faculty||Book Name||Books with ISBN/ISSN|
|Co-operative Development||ISBN 978-81-924 752-7-1|
|Co-operative Development||ISBN 978-81-924752-1-9|
|Dr. R. S. Shaha||Co-operation Principles and||—|
|Co-operative Development||ISBN 978-93-84123-13-4|
|Co-operative Development||ISBN 978-93-84123-72-7|
|Co-operative Development||ISBN 978-93-84123-73-4|
|20. Area of consultancy and income generated: Nil|
- Faculty working as member on various committees / Boards:
|Dr. R. S.
|Member, All India Adult Education|
|Member, All India Women Association|
|Member, Indian Society For Studies In Cooperation|
|Member, Shivaji University Economics Teachers Association,Kolhapur|
|Member, Marathi Arthashastra Parishad|
|Member, Maharashtra State Probation And After Care Association|
|Member, Institutional Ethical Committee Pims –Du –Loni (2012-2015)|
|Member, Ph.D Scrutiny Committee|
|Prof. S. S.
|Member, Shivaji University Economic Association, Kolhapur.|
|22. Student Projects:|
|· Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter departmental / programme||
|· Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e.in Research laboratories / Industry / other agencies||
- Awards / Recognitions received by faculty and students:
|Name of the Faculty||Award / Recognition|
|Honorary Major||GoI President of India, 2013|
|Certificate of Pride||Maj. Gen. Subhashish Sengupta,|
|Commander, Mhow MP|
|Certificate of participation and Prime Minister’s Rally 2013||Brigadier, Director NCC|
|Certificate Letter of Appreciation||Dy. Director General NCC|
|GEN- NEXT Women of the year||Indian Idols Govt. Law College and|
|Lions Club International|
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists / visitors to the department:
- Dr. J. F. Patil, Senior Economist, Kolhapur.Dr. Jyoti Jadhav Dept. of Micro – Biology Shivaji University, Kolhapur. Shri. Sunil Nagavakar CA Kolhapur .
Dr. P. S. Kamble, HoD Dept. of Economics, Shivaji University, Kolhapur. Shri. Ashok Saoundatikar MD KAIJSB, Ichalkaranji.
Dr. Vijay Kakade, Ex HoD Dept .of Economics Shivaji University, Kolhapur. Shri. Prasanaa Deshingkar MBA (Fin), Kolhapur.
Dr. P. A. Koli Eminent Professor, Kolhapur.
Dr. Sarjerao Saluokhe Civil Surgeon Kolhapur.
Dr. A. M. Gurav Dept. of Comm & Mgt. SUK, Kolhapur.
- Seminars / Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding:
|Workshop on Women’s Rights||University||Shivaji University, Kolhapur|
|Violence Against Women||University||Shivaji University, Kolhapur|
|Workshop on Revised Syllabus of Co-|
|operative Development, Sem. III V &||University||Shivaji University, Kolhapur|
|Workshop on Women Health and||University||Shivaji University, Kolhapur|
|Workshop on Women and||University||Shivaji University, Kolhapur|
|26. Student profile programme/course wise:|
|B.A.||2011 – 2012||16||16||12||4|
|2012 – 2013||15||15||04||11||93%|
|2013 – 2014||15||15||11||04||100%|
|2014 – 2015||30||30||19||11||96.07%|
|2015 – 2016||31||31||19||12||96.77%|
|2016 – 2017||25||25||19||09||Appeared|
- Diversity of Students:
|Name of the||Year||% of students from|
|2011 – 2012||16 (100%)||—||—|
|2012 – 2013||15(100%)||—||—|
|B.A.||2013 – 2014||15(100%)||—||—|
|2014 – 2015||30 (100%)||—||—|
|2015 – 2016||31(100%)||—||—|
|2016 – 2017||25(100%)||—||—|
- How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET, Civil services, Defense services, etc.?
|Course||NET / SET||Civil Service||Competitive|
- Students Progression: UG to PG
|2013 – 14||= 13%||2013||– 14||= 13%|
|2014 – 15||= 6.89%||2015||– 16||= 22.58%|
2016 – 17 = Appearing
|Other than Campus Recruitment||—|
|30. Details of Infrastructural facilities:|
|with 100 text and reference books|
|and proceedings of International,|
|Internet facility for Staff & Students||Yes|
|Classrooms with ICT facility||Yes|
- Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies:
20 Students from Government such as free ships, Scholarships etc.
|2015 – 2016||Miss.Patil Supriya||Rotary Club of Sunrise, Kop.||RS.10000|
- Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures / workshops / seminar) with external experts:
|2011 – 12|
|World Population Day||Dr.Sarjerao Saluokhe|
|Attended General Body Meeting of:||The Commercial Co|
|Youth Co operative|
|Paper Presentation in National Conference||Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Miraj|
|2012 – 13|
|Lecture on Financial Literacy|
|Visit to Parshwanath Co-Operative Bank|
|Visit to Government Press & Library|
|2013 – 14|
|World Population Day||Dr. Manjushri Rohidas|
|Visit and Attended General Body Meeting||Urban Cooperative Bank, Kolhapur|
|Inauguration of Study Circle||Dr. Vijay Kakade|
|Participation in National Seminar||Ichalkaranji|
|Industrial Visit to Ichalkaranji||Ichalkaranji|
|Participation State Level Workshop||Ichalkaranji|
|2014 – 15|
|World Population Day||Dr. P.A.Koli|
|Poster Presentation||Shri. Prasna Deshingkar|
|Special Programme on “Economic||Mahavir College, Kolhapur.|
|Visit and Attended General Body Meeting||Commercial Cooperative Bank, Kolhapur.|
|Essay Writing Competition||Dr. Vasanti Rasam|
|Inauguration of Study Circle||Dr. J. F. Patil|
|Workshop on Research Report Writing||Night College of Arts and Commerce|
|Carrier Opportunities in Banking Sector||The New College, Kolhapur|
|Participation in National Seminar||Arts & Commerce College. Pusegaon|
|Participated in Avishkar2014||Bharati Vidyapeeth, Kadalgaon|
|Yadav Asmita Shamarao|
|Industrial Visit||Krishna Industry Gokul Shirgaon|
|Visit to Bharatiya Sanskruti Ustav|
|Visit to Bheema Krushi Pradarshan|
- Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:
|ICT||Question & Answer Method|
|Group Discussion||Field Work|
- Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities: Nil
35. SWOC analysis of the department and Future plans
- Well qualified and enthusiastic staff. “My Library” Scheme.
- ICT Based teaching aids.
- Students with potential of reading, writing and extension.
- Lack of collaborative activities. Lack of Economic incentives
- Poor placement and consultancy
- To start PG course.
- To develop research culture and attitude among the student. Enhancement of extension activities.
- MoUs with social and academic institution/agency.
- To create employability skill among the students.
- To start application orientated ad – on courses.
- To organize various guest lectures and workshops.
- To make available more library resources.
- To develop research culture among the students.
- To conduct case studies and field surveys related socio – economic problems.
- To organize national seminar/conference/workshop. To start skill based short / crash courses.
- To setup placement cell with joint efforts with industry and business.